Monday, March 28, 2011

Shake It Up!

I'm not a big Disney channel fan, (probably because I'm 25 lol).  But...I really liked "That's so Raven" and "Hannah Montana."  One of the newest shows on the Disney channel is called "Shake it up."  This show is about the life of two average middle school girls, Rocky and CeCe, who are dancers on a show called Shake it up Chicago.


I think the girls are super cute and fun with great personalities.  But...I don't know a lot of young black girls that wear their hair out all the time the way Zendaya's character does, so that concerns me a bit.  I feel that they should have made her character someone young African American girls can really relate to, especially since she's one of the only black characters on the show.

I like Gunther and Tinka because you don't see foreign characters on sitcoms often.  I think they are completely random and over the top, funny and I like the way they dress. 
CeCe's little brother is a bit of an over actor and kind of annoying.  Most of his little one liners are corny.  We could really do without him, but all sitcoms have to have that random little kid for whatever reason.  I actually liked the nerdy little boy who tutored CeCe in algebra a lot more.  CeCe's brother keeps Deuce and Ty in action because most of the time they're babysitting him.  Which brings me to another point...CeCe's mother is rarely ever on the show.  She has random cameos here and there.  She always shows up for 1 1/2 minutes of the show with her uniform on so they can force us to believe she's really a cop. 

I like Deuce.  He's cute and funny.  And Ty is cute and I really like when he dances. 

I like the fact that they gave Rocky and CeCe their own style and they don't dress like anyone else, BUT I really don't think it's necessary for them to wear quite so many clothes at one time.  It's almost annoying to look at.  If people really wore as many clothes at once as they do, they'd have to wash clothes every 3 1/2 days!



I think this is a cute show.  I love to dance and I love to watch people dance and Zendaya (love that name) and Bella are extremely talented in that area.  As with all shows, this one can us some tweaking, but I still think it's a great show!

No comments: