Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Living Single

Over a decade ago, one of the Friday 8pm shows that we waited all week to see was, "Living Single."  This show chronicled the lives of 4 single independent black women.



There aren't very many people that can hear the theme song and keep from singing along:

"We are living (ohhh) single.  Ooh in a 90s kinda world, I'm glad I got my girls.  Keep ya head up (what) keep ya head up (that's right).  Whenever this life get tough you gotta fight wit my home girls standing to my left and my right true blue its tight like glue.  We are living single."

As I watched "Living Single" this morning and laughed my butt off, I was reminded of just how funny it was and still is.  There aren't very many good shows out there now-a-days.  Max, Khadijah, Regine and Synclaire dealt with a lot of the same things we deal with in this day and age.  The players always change, but the game remains the same!


I'm proud to say that I'm a happily single woman!! :)   

1 comment:

A. Cakes said...

I hate to say it but I'm so synclaire